St Martins Medical Staff And Practice Hours
The Surgery is open from 8.00 am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with a late night Wednesday.
Staff Working Sessions
Dr. Mike Osselton – General Practitioner (Principal) – available for consultations : Monday 8.30am to 12.30pm, Tuesday 8.30am to 12.30pm, Wednesday 2pm to 6.30pm and Thursday 8.30am to 4pm.
Dr. Sari Lester – General Practitioner – available for consultations : Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm.
Dr. Elizabeth Loudon – General Practitioner – available for consultations : Monday and Thursday 9.15 am to 4.30pm Wednesday 9.15am to 12.30pm
Dr.Susie Tarnay – General Practitioner – avaliable for consultations : Tuesday , Wednesday and Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm
Dr. David Rojas –General Practitioner – available for consultations: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.00am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.00am to 12noon
Dr.John Dewsbury – General Practitioner – please telephone for Johns availability – his appointment times will vary
Podiatrist – Rose Pearcy : Tuesday and Thursday
Dietitian – Alison McLintock : by appointment
Physiotherapist – Charlotte Matthews : Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Acupuncture – Mike Osselton : Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday
After Hours Service
After hours service, including telephone advice, is covered by the 24 Hour Surgery (please phone 3657777). The 24 Hour Surgery is our preferred option for After Hours care, as:
- The GPs at St Martins regularly work sessions at the 24 Hour Surgery.
- Notes from consultations are communicated, with the patient’s consent, back to the patient’s regular GP within 1 day, thereby allowing better continuity of care.
- Patients with complex medical problems have the facility to lodge some medical details with the 24 Hour Surgery, enabling more informed care in an emergency.
- The Observation Unit at the 24 Hour Surgery allows patients to be observed for several hours if necessary, to enable decisions to be made on the best outcome for patients (e.g. whether hospital admission might be needed).
- House visits are available from the 24 Hour Surgery.
- The 24 Hour Surgery is the only facility open all night in Christchurch, every day of the year.
- The 24 Hour Surgery is located at 401 Madras Street.
- In case of an emergency please dial 111.